The Association's Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) Program offers an extensive selection of seminars throughout the year. Led by local practitioners, scholars and invited guest speakers- these seminars are offered to benefit lawyers with varied levels of experience and expertise. The MCLE Program touches on many aspects of law and is geared toward helping Pennsylvania's lawyers stay on top of fast-changing legal developments, while fulfilling their mandatory continuing education requirements.
Legal Support Staff Association of Berks County and Berks County Bar Association offer the following seminars which are held in the Education room of the Bar Building. Please register for these by clicking on the link and following the instructions on the form.
2:00 P.M. to 1:00 PM - Berks County Bar Association - (1 Ethics CLE credit)
LSSA - How to Prepare for a Custody Trial - Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 12:00 P.M. to 1:00 PM - Berks County Bar Association -
(1 hour substantive CLE credit)
LSSA - Tax Changes You Need to Know for 2018 Estates, Trusts, Estate Planning & Individuals - Thursday, May 9, 2018 - 12:00 P.M. to 1:00 PM - 1 Hour Substantive
CLE Seminars at Other Locations:
PA Land Use Institute - Saturday, March 3, 2018 – 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM - Albright College, Center for Excellence In Local Government 1940 North 13th Street Reading, PA -Roessner Hall, Room 100 - (4.5 hours substantive CLE credit)
Subdivision and Land Development Review Course - Thursdays, April 5, 12, 19, 2018 - Albright College, Roessner Hall - 9 Hours Substantive
The Zoning Basics Course - Thursdays, May 17, 24, 31, 2018 - Albright College, Roessner Hall - 9 Hours Substantive
General CLE Information:
- All Seminars are limited in seating.
- One Hour Seminars - Late arrivals CANNOT receive credit once the seminar begins.
- Walk-ins cannot be guaranteed admittance to any seminar, but every attempt will be made to accommodate them.
- For confirmation of pre-registration for a seminar or questions concerning the schedule, please call Andrea Stamm at 610-375-4591.
- Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund of tuition, less a $5.00 administrative fee, notice of cancellation must be received by the staff of the Berks County Bar Association no later than two working days prior to the course presentation date.
- Hardship Policy: Reduced tuition is offered to attorneys experiencing financial hardship to fulfill their mandatory education requirement. For details and an application, contact the Executive Director, Donald F. Smith, Jr., at least seven days before the program.