Law Explorer Post
The Berks County Bar Association is proud to sponsor a Law Explorer Post in partnership with the Hawk Mountain Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
It is a career education program for young men and women who are 14 (and have completed the eighth grade) through 20 years of age. Our Post meets several times during the school year and introduces “Law Explorers” to the various careers of the legal profession, such as lawyer, paralegal or legal secretary.
Post activities in the past have included the following:
- A tour of Berks County Prison
- A Courthouse/Services Center Visitation Day
- Discussions about colleges and law schools
- A “scavenger hunt” at the law library
- Participation in mock trials
- Presentations by lawyers from various specialties
- Presentations by judges on their careers and current duties
- Experiencing the outdoor adventure “C.O.P.E” Course at the Hawk Mountain Council Scout Reservation
- A tour of the Berks County DUI Processing Center